Tagged By; RULES:
1. Answer the 13 questions given to you and write 13 of your own
2. Tag 13 people (you don't have to if you can't think of anyone)
3. Don't say "your tagged if you read this"
4. It is forbidden not to mention anyone
5. Lastly, don't tag the person who tagged you originally!
1. Which of your artworks do you like best? (Why? Show us!) I think it'd have to be between two. I personally like them both the same, but for the differences between. I'm heavily detail oriented. One of these has some but I feel like it needed more, the other, I feel, has a little too much... maybe.
2. What artist or person inspires you the most? I'd have to say Lodeclaw, a Twitch streamer who sometimes does creative art streams. Recently he's went back to Creative Minecraft which is interesting for a few reasons.
3. Why did you pick the name you use on DeviantArt? I was doing a paper in science about Redshifts, which I still don't understand, and my favorite character at the time was Tails. I basically mashed those together and put "The" in the middle.
4. What's your favourite TV show or movie? (if you don't have just one, list top 5?) Rick & Morty, probably. MLP would be second.
5. (Promote yourself) What other social network sites do you use? (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc)Twitter, Twitch
I barely use twitter and don't currently stream, but that'll change in a few months. I also have a YouTube channel, but don't upload anything.
6. If you could give advice to a fellow artist, that is starting out with being professional, what would you tell them? To always strive for improvement, to learn the difference between constructive criticism and people out to just be a butt,
7. What would you tell an artist wanting to do commissions?
To not oversell or undersell their skills. To charge what they think their skills are worth, but not to price themselves out, either. It's a fine balance of pricing your skills and reaching a bulk audiance. Charging, say, $20 would get some money pretty quick, but not everyone can afford that price, as where $10 and $15 would interest more people and probably get more than charging more.
A fine balance. It's an art, just like actual artistry drawings and painting, etc.
8. Do you have a piece of art that you constantly show off to people because of how proud you are of it?I don't have anything worth showing off, I feel. I'd consider one of the two I showed above, though.
9. If you could draw anything, what would it be?I don't know, really. Probably landscapes if I can't control how it's accepted.
10. What is the longest you've spent on an art peice?I think about 13 hours, being my most recent SFM poster upload. First time I was able to mess with a lot of stuff, like volumetric lighting, finding what light levels I should use and where, toying with fire animations, indoor scene building. It's far, far away from being good, but it's a start.
11. Do you ever doubt your abilites?All the time. Usually an art professor would tell you not to do that, but it's kinda strange for me. I tend to do better if I tell myself I can't do something, it makes me do that same something better than I would if I told myself I could, SFM being a prime example. My very first scene build seemed to shock a few people when I told them it was my first. I told myself I wouldn't be able to do something likethat, but I excelled for a first real use.
12. What is your favorite beverage while drawing?Probably Dr. pepper or Mtn. Dew Code Red. I sometimes have water, but bottled water tastes horrible to me so I don't have it often.
13. do you ever spend way more time than nessasary building your OC's back stories?
I'm still working on Jades. I'm sort of torn on it. You see, I've kinda fully quit making inflation content -- partly because I didn't want to continue it and partly because I couldn't hold myself to the standards I set for myself to meet considering it. Anyway, inflation is a heavy part of her life story, helping explain why she is the way she is, her health issues, some of her and various other things. Since that's tied in so deeply with her character, I can't just take it out, but I can't easily form her story with inflation, either, since I don't want to include that content in with my stuff anymore. I really can't finish it until I feel comfortable with including inflation in a sensible way, especially for the more "specific" part of the inflation content Jade has going on. It's hard to explain, which makes it even harder to finish her story.
You're mission, if you choose to accept it, is to answer the following questions.
1. Captain James Tiberius Kirk, Captain
Jean-Luc Picard, or Captain Kathryn Janeway?
2. Does Rules of Nature go with everything?
3. What's you're favorite music genre, and how did you happen across it?
4. What's your favorite game/current game, and why?
5. What' piece of art are you most proud of and why? And let us see it!
6. What piece of art are you disappointed with/least proud of? Let us see this one, too.
7. Why did you join Devianart, and why did you choose the name you did? If you changed it since, why?
8. If you could choose whatever you wanted to be, augment your body in some way, but had to stay like that for 12 hours and can't stay like that longer than seven days, what would you choose? (Could be your OC, could be a bear, etc.)
9. Have you built your own computer system? If so, what did you name it?
10. If you did speedruns of a game, what game would you want to speedrun?
11. What advice would you give an aspiring artist looking for a good place to start?
12. What's you're favorite snakcfoodstuffs?
13. what is the longest time you've spent on your characters back story(s)? And is there anything strange that made it take as long as it did, any conflicts you felt when making it?
I don't have many people to tag, so I'll just list one person I know of and whoever wants to jump in, feel free.